Benefits of Social Media Marketing in Macon Middle Georgia
Grow your business in the Macon and Warner Robins area by using and maximizing social media. Understand the main benefits of social media and how it relates to your business:
- Increase exposure
- Increase traffic
- Learn marketplace insight
- Develop loyal fans
- Generate leads
- Improve search rankings
- Grow business partnerships
- Reduce marketing expenses
- Improve sales
Here are some social media statistics relevant to Middle Georgia businesses:
- 89% of marketers stated that increased exposure was the number one benefit of social media marketing.
- 27% of total US internet time is spent on social networking sites.
- The top tools marketers with this level of experience want to learn about are blogging (66%), Facebook (65%) and LinkedIn (64%).
- 84% of B2B marketers use social media in some form. In Middle Georgia, the main social media channels used are Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- 79% of social media log ins by online retailers are with Facebook, compared to 12% for Google+, and 4% for Twitter
- 25% of consumers who complain about products on Facebook or Twitter expect a response within 1 hour.
- 74% of all marketers say Facebook is important to their lead generation strategies.
- In the Macon area, which includes cities within 25 miles, there are 174,000 Facebook users that are 18 and older.
- 70% of business-to-consumer marketers have acquired a customer through Facebook
- Facebook will account for 13% of worldwide mobile ad revenue in 2013
- YouTube is the top area where marketers plan on increasing their social media efforts.
- 700 YouTube video links are shared on Twitter every minute
- 99% of US online specialty retailers use YouTube, up from 93% in 2012
- 43% of US marketers have found a customer through LinkedIn
- 61% of social media users primarily use LinkedIn for professional networking.
- 60% of LinkedIn users have clicked on an ad on the site
- 51% of online business-to-consumer marketers use LinkedIn, compared to 83% for business-to-business
- 50% of technology companies have acquired a customer through Twitter
- 69% of online business-to-consumer marketers use Twitter, compared to 80% for business-to-business
- 31 percent of 18 to 24-year-olds have a Twitter account.
- Suburban and urban residents are more likely to use Twitter than those in rural areas.
- 70% of brands have presences on Google+, up 4% from Q4 2012
- Facebook’s share of social logins dropped from 54% to 49% during 4Q12, while Google’s share increased from 25% to 31%
- 12% of social media log ins by online retailers are with Google+
- 41% of online business-to-consumer marketers use Google+, compared to 39% for business-to-business
- With over 11 million unique monthly visitors (and counting), Pinterest became the fastest standalone website to eclipse the 10 million per month mark ever.
- The top interests on Pinterest in the U.S. include crafts, gifts, hobbies/leisure, interior design, and fashion designers/collections.
- 30% of Pinterest users are women 25-34 years old. 80% of Pinterest’s users are female.
Sources: Social Media Examiner, Wayfair, Pinerly Study, PR Daily, RJMetrics, Ragan.com, Ignite, Compete, comScore, AppData, eMarketer, Mashable, Experian, Remcolandia, HubSpot, Buzzfeed, Simply Measured, Awareness, Inc, Adobe, Nielsen, Aberdeen, Twitter, Socialbakers, Syncapse, Experian
2013 Social Media Marketing Industry Report
Review the following social media marketing industry report and feel free to contact me with any specific questions about how this relates to your business. I would be glad to help!